Via Mike Gunderloy
, Dan Wahlin
has posted up eight interesting ASP.NET 2.0 tips - well, seven and one that's really a VS.NET tip, but I digress...
They're worth checking out and tucking away on your delicious list for future reference - I'm tacking them up here so that I can refer to them later, myself.
Here's a summary:
- Maintain the position of the scrollbar on postbacks;
- Set the default focus to a control when the page loads;
- Set the default button that is triggered when the user hits the enter key;
- Locate controls easily (using "$" notation);
- Strongly-typed access to cross-page postback controls;
- Strongly-typed access to Master Page controls;
- Validation groups
- Finding control/variable names while typing code